Can't understand how that happened. Ha- check that snow report.
We got there for half day and immediately headed to Montezuma Bowl via the shoots.
i love dropping cornices.
Only got a couple of bluebird powder hours in the backside and then began our two hour drive to Steamboat Springs for my meeting with our hosts.
i was trying to find out what mountain range Steamboat was in, and then i discovered it is a mountain range. Steamboat is comprised of six peaks with a vert of 3,668 ft. It seems like most of the 2,965 acres are covered in glades. Mmmmmm trees, how i love you.
- Steamboat Springs trademarked champagne powder™
- There are six parks, a super pipe, and a baby pipe (which is so so fun- wish everyone had one)
- The Sunshine Express uses solar and wind renewable energy. There are only three solar powered chair lifts in the world and Steamboat has one. The Christie Peak Express and Burgess Creek run on renewable wind energy. Steamboat is on point with their sustainability program- here's more info.
- Night skiing on Christie Peak is new this year until 9 PM Friday- Sunday.
- Lift tickets are $119 and it's super hard to find discounted lift tickets here. There aren't any tickets on Liftopia, or in CO grocery stores (like other resorts), but it's way better then spending you money on gambling and strippers. There is a spring deal- $109 to ride any three days in April.
- T-Bar is the apres spot. If you're going the Right-O-Way, you'll find it. Good beer and banging food.
What can i tell you here, uhh, everything is good. Off the Morningside lift is heaven, obsessed with Christmas Tree bowl and all the chutes around it, would ride that Pony Express all day for hidden stashes, became powder monster in the Shadows and Closets, freaked out when we found some waist high goodness off of south peak, and basically was frothing at the mouth for two days. Got sickening tips from some locals too (if it's not on the trail map keep it a secret). Thanks guys, forgot your names cause im a jerk!
will figure out how to get back to Steamboat as soon as possible, until then..... Wishing you champagne powder™ and caviar dreams.